CK-12.org kindergarten through fifth grade math textbooks - a view by the author (Jim Kelly) of teachingoermath.info
Since information is the foundation for development
and there seems to be a reluctance by Ck-12.org to round out their sixth through secondary school mathematics textbook series, I would like to propose
the following. A look at what content, content distribution and how the content could be developed for the "missing" kindergarten through
fifth grade mathematics textbooks that would blend with their existing textbooks.
Content, and content distribution:
- Set, Logic and Basic Number terms:
- Whole Numbers terms:
- Fraction terms:
- Decimal and Integer terms:
- Rational, Real and Complex number terms:
- Measurement and Standard units terms:
- Length, Area, Volume terms:
- Point, Line and Angle terms:
- Triangle, Quadrilateral, Polygon terms:
- Circle, Plane, Polyhedron terms:
- Trigonometry, Vector, Transformation Geometry terms:
- Relation and Exponent terms:
- Coordinate System terms:
- Equation and Function terms:
- Equations with 2 vaiables and Polynomial terms:
- Rational Expressions and Quadratic terms:
- Problem Solving and Statistics terms:
- Probability and Sequence terms:
- Logarithm and Calculus terms:
Content by grade level:
- Kindergarten (Average age: 5 years old)
- First grade (Average age: 6 years old)
- Second grade (Average age: 7 years old)
- Third grade (Average age: 8 years old)
- Fourth Grade (Average age: 9 years old)
- Fifth Grade (Average age: 10 years old)
The mathematics terms (or their synonyms) that are used in the following spreadsheets are part of the lesson proper.
Lesson proper means the explanation or the development of the terms through an interaction between teacher and learner.
In learning communities where written textbooks exist, the interaction is aided by a written explanation using the terms.
©1972 (paper), 1985 (APPLE II/PC), 2005(www), 2014 Jim Kelly - All Rights Reserved.